Monday, December 12, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again!

This month, I've gotten myself re-involved with the theatre. It's been a while since I've participated much, so it's really nice to be back! I'm re-acquainting with old friends and making new ones in the process. Plus, it's our 6th Annual Holiday Burlesque Show, which is just a blast to begin with.

The best part about this is that it happens to coincide with me going through a pretty messy breakup with my now ex-boyfriend. One of the unpleasant results has been a slight estrangement from a lot of his and my mutual friends. In most cases, our mutual friends are closer to him, so I get left by the wayside a lot. Fortunately, I am spending more time with my theatre friends again, so I at least have some backup.

The Burly Q itself is going really well. The show runs a bit long, but it's still a very fun show and the audience loves it every night. We sold out for the entire rest of the run 2 weeks in advance, which is pretty bitchin', to say the least!

One of my favorite acts is to the song 'Moves Like Jagger'. It features a couple of my very attractive male friends stripping and doing some pole dancing in unison. Let's just say I'm glad all I have to do is hit play and just enjoy the show each night.

Another favorite is brought back from the previous year, in which three gorgeous girls in black halter dresses dance to the song 'Kiss You Off'. This is one of the sexiest dance numbers and it's also one of the only (non-chorus girl) dances that does not include the dancers taking their clothes off. It was choreographed by my friend Jenney for last year's show and was so fantastic it had to be brought back (something I'm happy about).

The final number I'd like to bring up is to the song 'Never Gonna Leave This Bed'. This is another strip number, but it's a little different than most. Instead of being a single person (or pair of people) stripping their own clothing off, this act has one girl and one guy (buffed out wearing nothing but blue jeans). As the girl begins to take her clothing off, she enlists the help of our jeans-wearing friend. They re-enact the clothes removing portion of what we can only imagine is about to be a very steamy night!

I know I'm not including any photos in this post, but it's just to protect the assets of these friends of mine.

In any case, hooray for theatre! I'm glad I'm back in, even if it is just for one show at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment