Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Things I Like

Today is Valentine's Day (shocker, I know). I can't say I have a lot of particularly strong emotions about it. I've had a grand total of 2 boyfriends on different V-Days, but it never really was one of those things I thought much about. I guess last year we went out for sushi at the last minute, but it wasn't a planned thing, so it was almost more of a regular "let's go out for sushi" sort of night than anything.

So, instead of waxing long about what V-Day means to me, I figured it would be more fun to write about things I like. Because when it comes down to it, V-Day is really just a day to celebrate someone you really care about. So why not make it a day to celebrate the things I care about instead?
  • Receiving actual letters in the mail
  • Sending things in the mail (part of this for me is that I get a sense of pride from it as well, since I'm a notorious procrastinator when sending things by post)
  • Working on projects that I legitimately care about
  • Travelling
  • Seeing friends and family that are far away
  • Watching ridiculous movies
  • Reading a good book that actively engages me
  • Watching thought-provoking movies
  • Discovering a new TV series that I turn out to like so much that I only watch it until I make it through all the existing episodes
  • A nice cup of tea
  • A nice gaiwan of tea (see what I did there?)
  • Travelling (yeah, this gets a double feature)
  • Enjoying a decent cigar with great company
  • A cold beer
  • A pint of cider in the local pub
  • Bulmers cider in the local pub
  • Going out dancing and just not caring what anyone thinks
  • Going out dancing and not having a single drop of alcohol, yet still not caring what anyone thinks
  • Sharing my personal interests with others
  • Teaching friends, family, and strangers about topics dear to my heart
  • Sleeping in (for me this means 8am)
  • Trying something new
  • Going on solo road trips
  • Exploring new places
  • Meeting new people
  • Indulging in a pint with good company at the end of a long day
  • That butterfly feeling you get in your stomach when you first begin to "crush" on someone and they're around
  • Completing a task I've been working on for a while
I'll leave it at this for now! But I definitely could go on listing things I like for a very long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment